SUPERIOR HEAT TRANSFER AND PROTECTION
THERMAL-XR® HVAC COATING SYSTEM is a unique method of improving the conductivity of corroded heat exchange surfaces and maintaining the performance of new units at peak levels. The process coats and protects heat exchange surfaces while improving and rebuilding the lost corroded thermal conductivity and increasing the heat transfer rate by leveraging the physics of GMG Graphene resulting in an efficiency improvement and a power reduction.
THERMAL-XR RESTORE® is powered by GMG Graphene.
THERMAL-XR® HVAC can also protect both RTPF coils (round tube plate fin) and MCHC coils (microchannel) from accelerated corrosion damage, thereby extending the life of the coil and reducing energy consumption.
GMG is developing specific formulations of THERMAL-XR® for different industry applications and conditions.
Who needs THERMAL-XR®?
Heat exchangers are used in numerous industries where metal heat exchangers are required. THERMAL-XR® has been used in industry, commercial, and residential applications.
- LNG & Gas Plants
- Oil & Gas Upstream
- Energy & Power Producers
- Refineries & Petrochemical Plants
- Chemical, Heavy & Mining Industry
What Does THERMAL-XR® do?
Surface m2 Increase
Up to 300m 2 of micro surface area per gram of Graphene enables increased heat dissipation within the thin coating layer of THERMAL XR RESTORE ®.
GMG graphene creates an impervious layer that prevents oxygen from reaching metal surfaces, eliminating metal corrosion. Additionally, leveraging Graphene’s hydrophobic (water repellence) properties increases protection.
Graphene is reported to have a thermal conductivity 10-15 times greater than aluminium and copper, increasing heat dissipation across a system’s condenser coil.
Helps to reduce compressor operation times leading energy reduction.
About THERMAL-XR® HVAC
- Emission Reduction
- Superior Corrosion Protection
- Superior Thermal Properties
- Asset Protection & Longevity
How Does it Work?
THERMAL-XR® leverages GMG Graphene’s thermal properties to provide improved heat transfer and superior cooling performance.
THERMAL-XR® DEMONSTRATION CENTRE
How To Apply
THERMAL-XR® RESTORE is a water-based acrylic resin impregnated with thermally conductive GMG
Graphene applied by high pressure spray gun.
THERMAL-XR® HVAC News, Installed & Tested
The results vary subject to the climate, age and deterioration of the equipment, cleanliness of the equipment, heating and cooling load and the health of the equipment.
Please see our distributor and partners page for full details.
Please speak with GMG or our local distributor/partner.
Accreditied applicators should install THERMAL-XR® HVAC to ensure correct installation and warranty coverage.
Please get in touch with GMG or our local distributor or partner for more information.
THERMAL-XR® is powered by GMG Graphene and leverages graphene to remove heat, whereas black pigment in most black paints absorbs and retains heat. THERMAL-XR® works like a heat pump to transfer heat, whereas black paint typically performs as a paint insulator to retain heat in the paint and the substrate it is applied to.
- Each jurisdiction has Consumer Protection Laws and no company or product is excluded from this protection.
- The majority of HVAC-R equipment warranties have an exclusion clause related to corrosion and weather influence. For example:
- Failure or damage due to floods, winds, fires, lightning, accidents, corrosive environments (rust, etc) or other conditions beyond the control of the Company. (Panasonic)
- Damage or deterioration of all components internal/external surfaces or refrigeration coils caused by normal weathering or corrosive atmospheric conditions (e.g. sea air) and/or unsatisfactory performance as a result of normal weathering; (Actron Air)
- Equipment warranties are limited by component.
- The warranty period is five (5) years on the compressor, and one (1) year on all other parts. The warranty is to the original owner only and is not available for subsequent owners. (Carrier)
- Many OEM’s recommend coil coating protection
Heat Transfer and Energy Savings
- THERMAL-XR® has a 5 Year Conditional Warranty which would be highly beneficial to equipment that is older than any equipment warranty timeframe.
- THERMAL-XR® coating has superior Heat Transfer which potentially reduces the need for compressor and fan operation. This in turn will reduce equipment wear extending the equipment’s lifespan.
- THERMAL-XR® shows reduced heat pressures and temperatures and reduced compressor running time to setpoint which could extend the life of mechanical components.
THERMAL-XR® HVAC is formulated for HVAC applications.
GMG is developing specific industry formulations to match industry applications and conditions.